Making a list is always a good way for me to figure out what I need to get done, or what I want to work on, so here I go. Here are things I plan to dedicate effort to changing.
1. Study to remember course material, not just to do well on tests. Too often I cram right before a test, and then don’t remember most of what I learned later. Unacceptable, especially in classes that pertain to what I want to do with my life.
2. Eat healthier. Plan meals ahead of time, and prepare all meals in advance to bring to school. This is especially difficult because most days I’m on campus from 8am to 8pm, so that’s several meals I need to bring with me. But it’ll be worth it in terms of health and saving money.
3. Continue putting effort into improving my Russian. This means making sure I dedicate time each day to continuing to read my translated Harry Potter book, and write letters to my grandparents to get practice writing.
4. Study ASL to fluency. We only have two ASL classes at HSU so after next semester I’ll have to rely pretty much entirely on Saturday night signing at Mosgo’s. Ever since I started learning it this semester, I’m pretty much obsessed with trying to learn as much as I can.
5. Refrain from badmouthing people. This takes restrain, and is something I need to work on.
6. Exercise. Totally necessary. I’ve been clipping exercise ideas out of old issues of Self Magazine that I got from my neighbor, and I think some of them are really good. Also, next semester I’ll have Power Step and a schedule that hopefully allows me to use the gym often.
Six goals is a reasonable amount. I’m sure I’ll add more as more ideas come.